Saturday, December 26, 2015

Review+Discussion: Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare


Author: Cassandra Clare
Publisher: Walker (March 3rd, 2011)
Genre: Fantasy, Romance
Pages: 496

Synopsis: 

Magic is dangerous – but love is more dangerous still... When sixteen-year-old Tessa Gray arrives in England during the reign of Queen Victoria, something terrifying is waiting for her in London's Downworld, where vampires, warlocks and other supernatural fold stalk the gaslit streets. Friendless and hunted, Tessa seeks refuge with the Shadowhunters, a band of warriors dedicated to ridding the world of demons. Drawn ever deeper into their world, she finds herself fascinated by – and torn between – two best friends and quickly realizes that love may be the most dangerous magic of all. 

SPOILER FREE REVIEW:

So the time has finally come when I finally decide to pick this book up. Did I regret it? Absolutely not. Although I read this book back in August (I know, I'm just posting the review), I still completely adore this book, and the Infernal Devices -I still need to read Clockwork Princess though- as a whole.
Good job, Cassandra Clare.
tumblr_nmlcbwnyql1ty1pewo1_500
I love Tessa Gray, she's an amazing character. I can relate to her in awkward situations. I also love Jem. He's so gentle, and sweet towards Tessa.
And Will... Oh, Will.
I love everything about this boy. His quotes, his love for books, and especially, his sarcasm. Seriously, his sarcasm is the best. I found myself laughing while reading the book, at how he can be funny in serious situations. I could write a whole post about William Herondale (good idea!).
Another funny character: Magnus Bane. This one is so funny too, although he doesn't appear much in the book.
I loved the plot, I found it so original. I love how Cassandra Clare can match Shadowhunters, warlocks, vampires, werewolves, and demons, in one book. That's amazing. And the plot kept progressing so fabulously, about Tessa trying to find her brother, and trying to find herself.
THE FEELS WHILE WRITING THIS REVIEW...
feels-gif
Anyway, if I say more, my feels will probably lead me to talk about spoilers. So I hope you enjoy this review. All I can say is that, if you haven't read this book yet, or are hesitating to start it, I highly recommend you to pick it up. JUST. START. IT.

Did you read this book? If so, what did you think of it?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have anything to say about this post? Leave your message here!