Sunday, December 27, 2015

Review+Discussion: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas







Author: Sarah J. Maas

Publisher: Bloomsury Childrens (May 5th, 2015)

Genre: Fantasy/High Fantasy

Pages: 432

Synopsis:

Feyre's survival rests upon her ability to hunt and kill - the forest where she lives is a cold, bleak place in the long winter months. So when she spots a deer in the forest being pursued by a wolf, she cannot resist fighting it for the flesh. But to do so, she must kill the predator and killing something so precious comes at a price ...
Dragged to a magical kingdom for the murder of a faerie, Feyre discovers that her captor, his face obscured by a jewelled mask, is hiding far more than his piercing green eyes would suggest. Feyre's presence at the court is closely guarded, and as she begins to learn why, her feelings for him turn from hostility to passion and the faerie lands become an even more dangerous place. Feyre must fight to break an ancient curse, or she will lose him forever.

Spoiler Free Review:

Well, well, well... Throne of Glass is one of my favorite series EVER. I love it so much, it's amazing, wonderful and so so good (highly recommend it). That's why I thought why not read her other series, A Court Of Thorns And Roses? So I picked it up, and here are my thoughts...
This book was great. I loved it, the plot was so well developed. I loved the thing that it was inspired from Beauty and The Beast, but S. J. Maas didn't stick a lot with this classic (which I adore). She, of course, added her Fearies thing, and the curse was different from the curse in Beauty and The Beast.
The writing style was EPIC. S.J.Maas chooses her words so well, and makes you feel so much feels in ACOTAR, just like in ToG.
The only thing that I didn't like was the relationship between Feyre and Tamlin (I'm going to have a lot of hates because of this...). Actually, I liked it in the beginning, like the Tamlin's mysterious personality etc. But then, I felt like it became just passion, not love, if you know what I mean. I didn't like the sexual content, that's all (I always don't like it).






No comments:

Post a Comment

Have anything to say about this post? Leave your message here!