Sunday, December 27, 2015

Review+Discussion: Legend by Marie Lu





Author: Marie Lu

Publisher: Penguin Teen (February 2nd, 2012)

Genre: Sci-Fi/Dystopian

Pages: 336

Synopsis:

What was once the western United States is now home to the Republic, a nation perpetually at war with its neighbors. Born into an elite family in one of the Republic's wealthiest districts, fifteen-year-old June is a prodigy being groomed for success in the Republic's highest military circles. Born into the slums, fifteen-year-old Day is the country's most wanted criminal. But his motives may not be as malicious as they seem.

From very different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths - until the day June's brother, Metias, is murdered and Day becomes the prime suspect. Caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse, Day is in a race for his family's survival, while June seeks to avenge Metias's death. But in a shocking turn of events, the two uncover the truth of what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths their country will go to keep its secrets.

Spoiler Free Review:


To be honest, I didn't expect I'll love this book at all... But it turns out I ADORE it. (seems like I love every book I read these days...) I ended up reading this book in two days.
At first, when I read the synopsis for the first time, I didn't really like the idea there's a girl that hates a boy at first and then they start to love each other blah blah blah...  But then, when I started reading the book, I realized that it's different. I still agree that there IS a girl who hates a boy at first and then start to love him. But I loved it, which actually really suprised me.
The plot was so simple and well developped by the author. I really loved how the intrigue kept going through the book, how the characters got to meet each other through the whole story, and how they changed at the end of it. The thing is that, I didn't realize that they changed until I finished it. I loved that the characters did not change suddently, because it happens sometimes in some books; you turn the page and then the characters change completely, it's like you missed someting... I don't like it. I also liked the change of point of view from Day to June, I found it really original.
As for the writing style, hands down. IT IS SO AWESOME. It's easy but yet so original and amazing and wonderful... (I cannot put enough words)
I'm really looking forward to read Prodigy and Champion, and also The Young Elites and The Rose Society.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have anything to say about this post? Leave your message here!