Sunday, December 27, 2015

Review+Discussion: Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo





Author: Leigh Bardugo

Publisher: Henry Holt and Co. (June 4th, 2013)

Genre: Fantasy

Pages: 448

Synopsis:

PS: Do NOT read this if you have not read the first book in the series

Darkness never dies.
Haunted across the True Sea, haunted by the lives she took on the fold, Alina must try to make a life with Mal in an unfamiliar land, all while keeping her identity as the Sun Summoner a secret. But she can't outrun her past or her destiny for long.
The Darkling have emerged from the Shadow Fold with a terrifying new power and a dangerous plan that will test the very boundaries of the natural world. With the help of a notorious privateer, Alina returns to the country she abondoned, determined to fight the forces gethering against Ravka. But as her power grows, Alina slips deeper into the Darkling's game of forbidden magic, and farther away from Mal. Somehow, she will have to choose between her country, her power, and the love she always thought will guide her -or risk losing everything to the oncoming storm.

Spoiler Free Review:

PS: You can read this even if you haven't read Shadow and Bone.


I have trouble putting my feels towards this book into words
.
This book did not fail to impress me. Every page -every word-  of it was pure art. It got me gripped from the first page. Leigh Bardugo knows how to make me feel a LOT of feels while reading this book. I felt the way the characters felt, was on the edge of my seat every time something happens to one of them. I could not put the book down every time I picked it. I was curious to know what will happen next.

I loved each one of the characters; Alina, Mal, Nickolai.... NICKOLAI IS BAE. I love him so so much. He's just so genius and funny. He made me laugh every time.
I loved how the plot kept developing in such an amazing, wonderful way, and how everything that happens lead to the last scene. So amazing. So wonderful.

The writing style is amazing. Leigh Bardugo knows how to choose the right word in the right place, how to describe people, places and feelings, but also how to write action scenes. The actions and characters felt so real to me. It's so epic.

The world that the author build in these books is so complicated, and yet explained in such a good way. The Grisha world is so amazing, and it holds a special place in my heart.

This series has become one of my all-time favorite. I cannot describe my love for it. If you haven't picked the book (or the series) yet, just buy it, and read it, and come fangirl with me.

Favorite Quotes from this Book:

"When people say impossible, they usually mean improbable."

"I thought you wanted to go."
"I wanted you to ask me to stay."

"You know the problem with heroes and saints, Nickolai?" I asked as I closed the book's cover and headed for the door. "They always end up dead."

"Weakness is a guise. Wear it when they need to know you're human, but never when you feel it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have anything to say about this post? Leave your message here!